How to Make a Nail Spa at home for luxury nails & pro-mani-pedis
While every girl enjoys going to the nail salon for mani and pedicures, the wait time and cost will make it seem like a waste of money. I never went to a nail salon for my nails (unless it was for an extremely special occasion). I prefer to do my nails at home. Why? It’s fun! It’s also easy to travel, wait, and spend money. It’s even more fun to go with friends or your sister for a day of nail care!
My sister and I started a tradition of having a Friday night nail salon followed by a movie marathon. Needless to state, Fridays were a great day for me! Find out how to create your very own nail spa with friends, family, and even your mom! Because of healthy nails=happy nails!
Grooming & Nail Care
Our hands are used so often and come in contact with so many different things that it is important to give them proper care. It is much easier and more cost-effective to groom your nails at home than you might think. These are some tips to help you get spa nails.1. Use a homemade natural scrub to exfoliate your hands. This is the one I have used for an as long time as I can recall – a homemade scrub made with coconut oil and sugar.
2. Moisturize. Use a thick body cream instead if you have dry hands. It works like magic!
3. Keep your nails trimmed and clean.
4. Flip flops are a great way to prevent nail fungus in public pools and showers.
5. Use only non-toxic, 5-free and toxic nail polishes.
6. Before you paint your nails, make sure to use a base coat. It protects your nails and keeps them from becoming discolored.
7. To strengthen your nails, use almond or jojoba oils.
8. To keep your nails healthy, eat a balanced diet. For beautiful nails, eat foods rich in vitamin E such as sweet potatoes, avocados, almonds, and spinach.
Why do you need your own nail spa?
Basic hygiene includes nail care. We don’t always have enough money or the time to visit a salon. Not to mention the sad circumstances where you accidentally damage your nails and need to return to the salon to fix them. We live a social media-driven life and need to have perfectly manicured nails to take T-rex hand photos and OOTDs. You can create your own nail spa from the comfort of home and do all the work, including shaping, painting, and even touch-ups whenever you need. Do you want to learn how to make your own nail spa? Let’s get started!
Essential Spa Equipment You Need
While everyone can use a few nail colors and call it a station, professional equipment will make your spa look more professional. They are also very useful!
- All nail enthusiasts should have UV/LED dryers. These are great if you have to change your gel nails often. Nail dryer sprays can be an alternative if you don’t want to invest in one.
- Relaxing massage chair – Make your spa more luxurious by adding a massage chair to the mix. You don’t have to go that far. A comfortable, soft couch or chair will suffice.
- Table lamp – Make sure your nail salon is well lit. An adjustable table lamp will allow you to shine the spotlight on your nails no matter where they are. A lighted mirror gives your room a Hollywood look!
- Portable foot spa – A pedicure sink with heat and massaging jets is a must for any serenity nail spa!
- Nail art drill – Acrylic nail designs can be difficult to shape and file. This makes it a lot easier.
- UV sterilizer for spa equipment – Without proper care, what’s the point in having a fabulous nail spa? The UV sterilizer kills all bacteria and viruses from nail clippers and metal filers. This is a must-have item for anyone who likes to change up their nails often.
All the Nail Supplies You Will Need
Your DIY nail salon doesn’t need to cost a lot. Here are some things you should include in your nail and massage salon.
- Nail clipper
- Nail file
- Remove cuticle
- Nail buffer
- Manicure brush
- Pumice stone
- Hand and foot cream
- Scrub your feet and hands
- Callus file
- French manicure tips, nail art stickers, and rhinestones/crystals
- Nail polish remover
- Soak-off gel polish caps
- Wipes and tissues (many)
Your Pro Nail Polish Set
A basic set of nail colors is essential for every girl. For work, you might want a pale nail color, while for weddings or parties, you may need a darker burgundy for night-outs or a black one for special occasions. Blush pink is great for brunch or dates. These essentials are incomplete without a metallic nail color for accent nails and a base coat and topcoat to ensure your color lasts. It’s a good idea to have a mix of glittery, matte and satin finishes. You’ll never know what your mood is! A matte topcoat can transform any nail polish into matte! Make sure you choose a brand with a sturdy, wide brush that can sweep the entire nail with one stroke and give an opaque, even look.
Organic Nail Care Products and Massage Items
To keep your nails in top condition, it is important to read all labels before you purchase nail care products. Use only non-toxic, 5-free nails paints and nail polish removers that are acetone-free. Nails Inc and Barry M offer coconut water-infused nail polishes. These products hydrate and nourish nails, and give them color. Organic nail care products that deliver good results include coconut oil, jojoba and almond oil.
Nail Spa Decor
Choose a theme for your spa nail and massage. You can choose from vintage/rustic, Japanese or fantasy themes, as well as Hollywood and Hollywood. You can personalize your natural nail salon by hanging photos, adding artwork or favorite quotes, and arranging potted plants.
Nail spas that are organic have a tranquil and zen feel. To recreate this peaceful and zen feeling, you will need to have light-colored walls, a comfortable couch or chair, a footstool, a table, a throw pillow, and more throw pillows. Make the nail spa as cozy and comfortable as possible. Place your favorite scent candle and a few magazines on the table so you can enjoy your time while your feet are being soaked.
You can feel like you are at a nail salon by lighting some cucumber, lavender, or bamboo-scented candles. Also, turn on some soft music to make it feel more relaxing. To see how nail colors will look under different lighting, you should have a variety of light sources such as incandescent, fluorescent, and halogen. A Hollywood vanity mirror is a great way to get that luxurious spa-like look. A nail polish stand or rack with different colors would be cool, and it would also serve a purpose.
A Nail Spa Warming Party or Indulgent Soiree?
You can celebrate the opening of your new luxury spa by hosting an all-girls night-in that features relaxing massages and luxurious nail care. Ask your guests to bring their own slippers and dressing robes so that everyone feels comfortable. You can make delicious snacks like popcorn and cocktails. You can also set up additional manicure tables with polishes and nail supplies on top. There are many options for accessories, such as nail art pens, gems, rhinestones, and guides for french tips nails.
You don’t want to wait for your nails to dry, so make sure you do your own face. Use some homemade masks or creepy-looking sheet masks to cover your face. Take lots of photos! To create a relaxing atmosphere, you can have soft music playing. If you want to make the experience even more fun, you can watch a movie featuring hot actors that you will all love! You can end your nail spa fun with a relaxing sleepover.